Alex Edmans is an old friend and an outstanding research and teacher (he was at Wharton, but now he is at LBS)
…and he’s got a secret, but you’ll have to read to the end to find out what the big news is all about!
First, a sampling of my favorite (and growing list) of wonderful research papers Alex has written:
- Feedback Effects and the Limits to Arbitrage
- The Effect of Liquidity on Governance
- The Link Between Job Satisfaction and Firm Value, With Implications for Corporate Social Responsibility
- The Real Effects of Financial Markets: The Impact of Prices on Takeovers
- Short-Term Termination Without Deterring Long-Term Investment: A Theory of Debt and Buyouts
- Tractability in Incentive Contracting
- Does the Stock Market Fully Value Intangibles? Employee Satisfaction and Equity Prices
- Is CEO Pay Really Inefficient? A Survey of New Optimal Contracting Theories
- Sports Sentiment and Stock Returns
There are lot more listed here: http://faculty.london.edu/aedmans/
What hasn’t the guy written? I mean, seriously…
What’s the big secret?
He’s starting a blog!
Alex’s mission (in his own words):
The goal of this blog is to make academic finance research accessible to a wide audience, in particular people with non-finance backgrounds who might not normally be interested in finance. This idea spun out of the “Extra-Curricular Topics” I teach in my MBA classes, a 10-minute interlude where I teach an academic paper with significant real-world relevance. In addition to academic research, I also aim to feature real-world events (e.g. the current economic outlook or an M+A deal).
- The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Alpha Architect, its affiliates or its employees. Our full disclosures are available here. Definitions of common statistics used in our analysis are available here (towards the bottom).
- Join thousands of other readers and subscribe to our blog.
- This site provides NO information on our value ETFs or our momentum ETFs. Please refer to this site.