May 1 marks the day when we begin our training for the 28-mile march (with 35lb+ attached) to honor the fallen.
Alpha Architect will be participating in the event for the 3rd year in a row.
March for the Fallen information and sign up page is now available.(1)
For those unaware, here are the basics of the event:(2)
- A bunch of finance nerds from around the country descend on Fort Indiantown Gap in PA.
- You sleep in military barracks with strangers you’ve never met, but you’ll leave as best friends.
- You hike 28 miles in one day over rugged terrain (35lb+ pack is optional)
- Every mile you’re reminded of a fallen hero and appreciate the opportunity to live as a free people.
- You spend most of your time talking finance, factors, and financial planning, as you trudge along the beautiful trail.
- With five miles left, you talk mostly about how you hope your toenails don’t fall off.
- Upon completion, you’ll swear you’ll never do the event ever again. 6 months later you’ll be signed up for the following year…
Click on the image below to learn more!
GET AFTER IT.
- The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Alpha Architect, its affiliates or its employees. Our full disclosures are available here. Definitions of common statistics used in our analysis are available here (towards the bottom).
- Join thousands of other readers and subscribe to our blog.
- This site provides NO information on our value ETFs or our momentum ETFs. Please refer to this site.
References [ + ]