May 1 marks the day when we begin our training for the 28-mile march (with 35lb+ attached) to honor the fallen.
Alpha Architect will be participating in the event for the 3rd year in a row.
March for the Fallen information and sign up page is now available. 1
For those unaware, here are the basics of the event: 2
- A bunch of finance nerds from around the country descend on Fort Indiantown Gap in PA.
- You sleep in military barracks with strangers you’ve never met, but you’ll leave as best friends.
- You hike 28 miles in one day over rugged terrain (35lb+ pack is optional)
- Every mile you’re reminded of a fallen hero and appreciate the opportunity to live as a free people.
- You spend most of your time talking finance, factors, and financial planning, as you trudge along the beautiful trail.
- With five miles left, you talk mostly about how you hope your toenails don’t fall off.
- Upon completion, you’ll swear you’ll never do the event ever again. 6 months later you’ll be signed up for the following year…