In this week’s post, we discuss three articles. The first article examines the effect of concentration (i.e. how many stocks does one own) within a Value portfolio. The second paper, summarized by Larry Swedroe, examines ways in which one can protect a portfolio from equity drawdowns. The last article, summarized by Elisabetta, examines the protection (and cost) of buying put options to protect one’s portfolio.
- Value Investing & Concentration
- Strategies to Reduce Crash Risk in Stocks
- Pathetic Protection: The Elusive Benefits of Protective Puts
- The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Alpha Architect, its affiliates or its employees. Our full disclosures are available here. Definitions of common statistics used in our analysis are available here (towards the bottom).
- Join thousands of other readers and subscribe to our blog.
- This site provides NO information on our value ETFs or our momentum ETFs. Please refer to this site.