Many readers are likely familiar with Ken French’s data:
I’m not sure readers know about other data sources on the web.
Case in point: I’m attaching the Russ Wermer 125 size/value/momo portfolios.
- http://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/faculty/rwermers/ftpsite/Dgtw/coverpage.htm (Homepage)
- http://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/faculty/rwermers/ftpsite/Dgtw/bench%20(2011).csv (raw file)
Here is a cleaned up version already posted in Excel format:
These portfolios represent every quintile cut of size (5x)/value (5x)/mom (5x) and allow you to dial down the historical performance of different combinations.
How do you use these data?
- For example, if you want to see how mid-cap high momentum value stocks perform, grab the size=3, value=5, mom=5 portfolio and can see how that portfolio plays out over time
Some stats on value/size/momentum from http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2089466
And some numbers:
- The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Alpha Architect, its affiliates or its employees. Our full disclosures are available here. Definitions of common statistics used in our analysis are available here (towards the bottom).
- Join thousands of other readers and subscribe to our blog.
- This site provides NO information on our value ETFs or our momentum ETFs. Please refer to this site.