Our adventure started over 4 years ago as a 1-man band blogging about esoteric finance research (me) and has expanded into a business with 7 full-time owner/operators, 2 full-time employees, a handful of part-time help, and a promising growth path.
Until now, the entire team consisted of PhDs, closet-quant geeks, and developers. We could grind research and development and come up with new and exciting ideas better than anyone. However, marketing and strategy has never been our strong suit. We had numerous brands (empirical finance, empiritrage, turnkeyanalyst, etc), an RIA with a name nobody understood or could spell, and a vague business that involved “doing something disruptive in financial services.”
A common statement from clients/customers:
Empiritrage? What the heck is that?
But that is (slowly) changing.
We’ve consolidated our brand under Alpha Architect, we’ve got a business mission/vision, and we’re selectively bringing on board entrepreneurs with a passion for bringing transparency, efficiency, and education to the financial services marketplace.
We’d like to announce our newest teammate and future editor on the blog: Pat Cleary.
Why did we team up with a balding 6′ 4″ former Marine Captain who has no chance of winning an underwear model contract?
Simple: Pat has no clue about the financial service industry, but a strong passion and the experience to help us change it.
A quick checklist on Pat:
- –Algeco Scotsman Directory of Strategy
- –BCG Project Leader
- –US Marine Corps Captain
- –Harvard MBA; Wharton Undergrad
Pat brings a unique set of experiences and an entrepreneurial mindset that fits perfectly with the rest of the team.
He’ll be discussing a variety of topics on the blog, so stay tuned and lend him your support! He’s used to cubicles and bureaucracy and the idea of “blogging” is freaking him out a bit…
- The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Alpha Architect, its affiliates or its employees. Our full disclosures are available here. Definitions of common statistics used in our analysis are available here (towards the bottom).
- Join thousands of other readers and subscribe to our blog.
- This site provides NO information on our value ETFs or our momentum ETFs. Please refer to this site.