You can watch the video via the link below:
Ryan Kirlin walks through his experience growing up in smart beta. He was there in the beginning and has seen it to the end. Jack has Ryan walk through his experience in the industry and why smart beta was so useful — at one point in time — while he was a wholesaler trying to educate clients. However, now that most investors understand that ETFs are not just passive market-cap weighted portfolios, there is no longer a need to have a ‘buzz’ term that nobody can really define and/or understand.
- Smart Beta is Officially Dead, but Not Forgotten
- Corey Hoffstein Twitter
- Barry’s podcast with Rob Arnott
- The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Alpha Architect, its affiliates or its employees. Our full disclosures are available here. Definitions of common statistics used in our analysis are available here (towards the bottom).
- Join thousands of other readers and subscribe to our blog.
- This site provides NO information on our value ETFs or our momentum ETFs. Please refer to this site.