We are 8-weeks out. In theory, participants should have already been training, but we recognize that some people like to procrastinate and wait until the last minute. Fear not, your procrastination is actually a benefit. If one waits until the last minute to accomplish the mission, it only takes a minute to get things done.
Step 1: Register!First things first…before you start training you should formally register for the event.
- Register for the event
- Most marchers attempt the 28-mile version and you have the option to bail at any point (achieving your personal summit and honoring Gold Star families is the ultimate goal).
- Don’t forget to add “Team Alpha Architect” from the drop-down list.
- There is only one wave this year: civilian/light
Step 2: TrainOur in-house strategy advisor and Alpha Architect physical fitness guru, Dave Babulak, put together a wonderful weekly training series last year that I encourage you to read. Dave’s knowledge package includes the following:
- Week 1: 5 miles
- Week 2: 8 miles
- Week 3: 10 miles
- Week 4: 6 miles
- Week 5: 12 miles
- Week 6: 18 miles (if you can get past 20 miles, even better)
- Week 7: 10 miles
- Week 8: March for the Fallen