Recently I was invited to talk with Justin and Jack on the Excess Returns Podcast. I thank them for the opportunity and enjoyed the conversation!
Below are some of the topics we discussed:
- Struggles in value and its long-term potential going forward.
- What would it take to convince you that value investing doesn’t work anymore?
- Impact of the shutdown on earnings and how to look at analyzing companies where the short and mid-term fundamentals are totally out of whack.
- Your thoughts on factor timing and learning into value now.
- Building a systematic value strategy – i.e. EV/EBIT vs. value composite – your take.
- Introducing quality into a value screen, pluses and minuses.
- The success of Alpha Architect – what do you attribute it to?
Here is a link to the video, also in a player below: