You can watch the video via this link:
This week Ryan and I discuss two editorials on machine learning and its impact and use within Research. The first paper is an Editorial by Rob Arnott, Cam Harvey, and Harry Markowitz discussing, in their opinion, proper protocols for research (back-testing) in the era of machine learning. The Second paper, summarized by Elisabetta, is by Joseph Simonian, Marcos Lopez de Prado, and Frank Fabozzi. In their paper, they discuss, at a high-level, how data science and machine learning can help research.
- A Backtesting Protocol in the Era of Machine Learning
- Order from Chaos: Data Science is Revolutionizing Investment Practice
- The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Alpha Architect, its affiliates or its employees. Our full disclosures are available here. Definitions of common statistics used in our analysis are available here (towards the bottom).
- Join thousands of other readers and subscribe to our blog.
- This site provides NO information on our value ETFs or our momentum ETFs. Please refer to this site.