Quant Blogs Check Out List
Last week, we shared bunch lists of Quant Blogs from TheWholeStreet.com (Click here).
The full list contains over 100 blogs, which can boggle the mind. Some of these blogs are no longer active. Thus, we refined the list and labeled them into different categories:
- CXO Advisory — Numerous articles; updated frequently; fundamental valuation, momentum, strategies allocations;
- CSS Analytics — Most posts are about momentum strategies;
- Following the trend — Technical analysis with vivid graphs and charts;
- Greenbackd — Active value investment strategies
- iMarketsignals — Design mathematical algorithms for financial models, to select stock/ETF;
- Math Finance — Research reviews and insights from Biao Guo.
- Inovance — Power of technology, data, tools, and analysis methods that turn ideas into profitable trading rules;
- Mathematical Investor — Incorporate news, events into market performances;
- Meb Faber — General market commentary;
- Mechanical Forex — Trading in the FX market using mechanical trading strategies;
- Millennial Invest — Updated frequently; momentum and value investing, long-term investing;
- Scott’s Investments — Active and productive blog with some weekly recommendation readings;
- Six Figure Investing — Recent researches on VIX and Volatility investing;
- Systematic Relative Strength — Nice website with rich contents;
- Trading Volatility — Researches on VIX and Volatility investing;
- Volatility Made Simple — Researches on VIX and Volatility investing;
- Optimal Momentum –Gary Antonacci’s masterful momentum discussions
- Gestaltu.com –Outstanding asset allocation research and insights
- ThinkNewFound — quantitative research on a variety of things.
Systematic trading strategies with Coding, Modeling, and Automatic Trading:
- Alpha Hive — Application of R to topics in Finance & Economics; experiments, asset Pricing, data Mining, foreign exchange and event study;
- DTR Trading — A blog about building an automated options trading system, built around my options back testing engine (using Java, Spring, MySQL, JMS, …)
- Eran Raviv — R coding, Applied statistics and econometrics;
- Exegetic Analytics — Data analysis, visualization, modeling, prediction and simulation;
- Quant Start — Very systematic educational materials about quantitative investing;
- QuantStrat TraderR — Very active blog about R coding and trading;
- Qusma — Another coding guru writing posts about Matlab, R, C++ and so on, with fabulous graphs;
- R Trader — Discuss the use of R in the context of systematic investment strategies;
- Timely Portfolio — R coding in trading;
- Tom Starke — Algorithmic trading;
- GekkoQuant — R-based quant blogger;
Day-to-day financial data and statistics:
- Nautilus Research — Daily updated charts and graphs;
- Overnight Edges — Frequently updated overnight overviews;
- Portfolio Probe — Weekly US market portrait;
- Quantifiable Edges — Market trend analysis;
- UK Stock Market Almanac — UK stock market.
Misc Research and Ideas:
- Don’t fear the bear — Mike is a young professional investing/trading and outdoors;
- Dynamic Hedge — DynamicHedge is an equities, futures and derivatives trader who focused on arbitrage strategies;
- Jay on the Markets — The home of “Kaeppel’s Corner”;
- Jonathan Kinlay — Dr Jonathan Kinlay is the Head of Quantitative Trading at Systematic Strategies, LLC;
- Macroption — Petr Houstecky consider himself more of an analyst than a trader;
- NAS Trading — A normal guy whose career has been spent trading his own account, but shares good opinions;
- Quant at Risk — Pawel Lachowicz, PhD is a financial risk analyst, traveler, writer, photographer, and a motivational speaker;
- RRSP Strategy — A Canadian investor who studies taxable accounts;
- Stuart Reid — A young professional who is a quant at KPMG, his posts have nice charts and graphs;
- Volatility Fighter — Alexander Kurguzkin is a stock market trader;
Want to submit other great blogs to add to our list? Enter in the form below:
- The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Alpha Architect, its affiliates or its employees. Our full disclosures are available here. Definitions of common statistics used in our analysis are available here (towards the bottom).
- Join thousands of other readers and subscribe to our blog.
- This site provides NO information on our value ETFs or our momentum ETFs. Please refer to this site.